Selling in Summer
Need to sell your current home so you can move into that brand new home you have your eye on? Selling a home in summer presents a unique set of circumstances and one that you can prepare for to make your home more appealing.
Here are a few tips!
- No matter what the season, curb appeal is essential. In the summer months be sure to keep your lawn watered and mowed. Pull weeds and keep bushes trim.
- Keep your home cool and comfortable. This is especially true in the blazing heat of the South. Your home should be a welcome oasis to those out driving around and looking at real estate.
- Take advantage of summer colors to accent your home. Add bright flowers to the table, update your front door color in a fun hue or buy new accent rugs that catch the eye.
- If your home offers outdoor entertaining areas highlight these as much as possible! Pressure wash the deck or patio. Add some small furniture pieces to create and outdoor room.
- As always be sure to declutter and depersonalize your home. This removes distractions so potential buyers can focus on the home itself.
- Consider putting out some refreshments such as lemonade or cookies.
Every season has it’s selling advantages and disadvantages. If you take care of your home and price it right you can overcome seasonal obstacles and get into the new home of your dreams!