Conserve Energy This Winter
The groundhog’s prediction could turn this around but for the time being more cold temperatures are forecasted to be on their way. So what can you do besides crank up the heat? Here are a few ways to save money and stay warm!
1. Keep your filters clean! Your heating system doesn’t have to work as hard if the filters allow it to function properly.
2. Make use of a programmable thermostat or manually adjust the temperature to be cooler while you’re away.
3. Keep your blinds or curtains on south facing windows open to let in some warmth from the sun.
4. Dress in layers and be sure to always wear socks – or invest in some good cozy slippers!
5. Heat only the rooms your are in. Close doors or vents for rooms that you don’t use.
With these easy energy saving tips you can save money and stay warm this winter.
What tips do you use to keep utility costs low in the winter?