Caring For Your Yard This Fall
Fall is an important season in the life of your yard. This is the time to undertake several projects that will ensure a healthy and vibrant landscape in the spring and summer.
- Now is an important time to fertilize your yard. It will shorten the brown, dormant season and help repair any damage done over the summer months.
- Continue to mow until the grass has finished growing for the season.
- Fall is a good time to overseed - helping cover any bare patches when the grass begins to grow again.
- Dethatch or aerate your lawn to remove the layer of dead leaves or roots that may cover the healthy grass seedlings.
- Continue to water your lawn especially if rains have been scare. A well watered lawn will do better during the harsh winter months.
If you're looking to plant some trees or shrubs - Fall is a great time! Newly planted trees and shrubs will continue to grow in the warm soil, even after air temperatures have begun to cool. Make sure to thoroughly water the new plants.
Fall is also the time to plant spring season flowering bulbs such as tulips, daffodils and crocus.
Some work and preparation now will lead to a beautiful yard come Spring!