Financing Your Home
Once you’ve found the new home of your dreams it’s time to work on your financing so you can make a strong offer and get the process moving along!
While you are looking for homes, begin getting your financial documents in order so you don’t have to wait! The mortgage process doesn’t have to be daunting – especially if you can do a little at a time to prepare.
So what do you need to apply? Here are some documents you can gather and have ready:
- The W-2 form from the last two year’s taxes
- Most recent pay stub
- Tax returns from the previous year
- A complete list of debts such as credit cards, student loans, car payments, etc.
- A list of your assets including bank statements and investment records
- Documents of retirement accounts
Other information you’ll need is:
- Social security number
- Residence history for at least two years
- Employment history for at least two years
- Information on any gifts that may be used toward down payment or loan
As the mortgage process progresses there may be a need for more information or details on the information you provide. Don’t be discouraged! Remind yourself that once this process is complete you’ll have a brand new home!