With the first hurricane of the season set to make landfall in Texas, it's a good time to go over your own storm preparedness supplies and family plan.
- One gallon of water per day per person for food and sanitation
- Non perishable food
- Battery powered radio and flashlight
- First aid kit
- Can opener
- Cell phone charger and extra battery
- Prescription medicines
- Emergency contact phone numbers
- Know your local evacuation routes should you need to leave
- Have an evacuation bag ready with first aid kit, the supplies listed above and important personal and home documents
- Have an emergency communications plan should family members be out of the home when evacuation needs to occur
Stay informed to stay safe. Keep up with the latest in storm path predictions and recommendations. It is always better to be safe than sorry.