Make a Happy Healthy Home
Your home is your oasis - keep it healthy and clean with these simple steps. You'll improve your family's health while saving money and living better!
- Use door mats on both sides of your exterior doors. This helps to trap bacteria, allergens, and chemicals before they enter your home.
- Filter your drinking water and be sure to regularly replace those filters.
- When cooking be sure to use your range hood fan. This will help lower the humidity that mold and bacteria love to grow in. Similarly run the bathroom fan for 20 minutes after showering for the same purpose.
- Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter to pick up more dust and allergens.
- Potted plants are a natural way to filter the air and remove toxins. Look for Spider Plants, Aloe Vera, English Ivy or Bamboo Palms.
- Sanitize bacteria hot spots such as door knobs, children's toys, phones, remotes and computer keyboards.
- Dust with a microfiber or wet cloth in order to trap particles and keep them from spreading.
- Purchase washable shower curtains instead of curtains made with vinyl that can contain harmful chemicals.
- Opt for natural cleaning products whenever possible - such as vinegar and water.
- Open the windows on a nice day. Outside air is much cleaner and will get rid of some inside toxins that float around.
What do you do to keep your home healthy and clean?